Important Boat Parts and Supplies You Should Always HaveJanuary 27, 2020 6:44 pm Leave your thoughts
Boating is a family-friendly activity that everyone can enjoy, but you’ve got to be prepared if you want to have fun and stay safe out on the water. Keep reading to learn some more about the most important boat supplies in Lewiston, CA you need to have on board:
- Full fuel tank: Always be sure to have a full tank of gas before you head out on the water. Unlike with your car, there aren’t gas stations every few blocks in the event that you run out of fuel.
- Anchor: Even if you don’t intend on staying out on the lake overnight, an anchor is one of the most important boat parts in Lewiston, CA. Lowering an anchor into the water can help keep you upright if a sudden storm comes in, or if you lose power and don’t want to drift into shallow water.
- Safety gear: Life vests, a first-aid kit, fire extinguishers and visual distress signals are just a few of the safety items you must always have on board. Hopefully, you’ll never need to use any of them, but you don’t want to leave home without them.
- Basic tools: A screwdriver set, an adjustable wrench and a pair of pliers come in handy anywhere you go—but especially a boat! Any of those tools can help in a pinch if you need to make a small repair or loosen a nut. If you don’t have a ton of room on board, a simple multi-tool should suffice for the most basic fixes.
- Navigation equipment: Getting lost while you’re on Trinity Lake isn’t really an issue, but if you’re doing some boating out on a larger body of water, a GPS system really comes in handy. GPS can help you get back to shore safely and potentially avoid any nasty weather.
- Extra batteries: If you’re planning on staying out on the water for a few days (or even weeks), it’s a good idea to bring extra batteries with you on the lake. A spare battery can save you from needing to call for emergency assistance.
- Plenty of food and water: These aren’t necessarily important boat parts in Lewiston, CA, but bringing an adequate amount of food and water on the lake is essential if you want to keep everyone safe and happy! Nothing sours a day faster than running out of food or getting dehydrated.
Prepare your boat for next season!
You may not be in the boating mood yet, but now is the perfect time to start getting your boat ready for spring boating season. A few of the most basic tune-up components include getting the oil changed, testing the electrical components of the boat, replacing the batteries and touching up the paint. Talk to your boat repair professional to learn more about what needs to be done to get your vessel ready for the upcoming season.
Don’t wait until summer to make any necessary boat repairs or to buy important boat supplies in Lewiston, CA! Trinity Alps Marina will be open in a few months and will be able to tune up your boat to ensure it’s ready for a season of fun out on the water.
Categorised in: Boat Supplies
This post was written by Writer