Renting a houseboat is a great way to spend time with your family and friends out on the water. One question we often get, though, is about the difficulty level involved in operating a houseboat. From the looks of it, driving a long and wide houseboat seems like it’d be pretty challenging, but luckily for our customers, it’s not all that hard!
In fact, as long as you know how to drive a car, you should be able to operate a houseboat just fine. Keep reading to learn a few of the things you need to know about driving a houseboat and general houseboat rental in Lewiston, CA:
- Size matters: It should come as no surprise that the difficulty of operating the houseboat depends on its size. For example, a 15-passenger houseboat is much more difficult to operate than a six-person vessel. If you’ve never operated a houseboat before, we recommend starting with a smaller boat before diving in and renting the biggest one we have.
- Rules on the water: Just like with driving a vehicle on the road, there are certain rules you need to follow when you’re operating a houseboat on the lake. Arguably, the number one rule to follow is to always pay attention to any buoys in the water. Adhering to what the buoys tell you ensures that everyone has a good time out on the lake.
- Docking: Folks often find that the trickiest part of operating a houseboat is bringing it in at the end of the day. Docking a houseboat takes a little bit of patience and practice. As long as you go slow when coming in, you should be able to dock it perfectly. The good thing is that our team members will always be there to assist you with docking!
Why rent a houseboat?
Now that you know there’s nothing to be scared of when driving a houseboat, it’s time to rent one! Here are a few reasons why our customers prefer to rent a houseboat over other watercraft:
- Plenty of room for activities: Unlike renting a small speedboat, houseboats offer tons of room for everyone to spread out and relax. You won’t feel cramped while riding out on the water, and your kids will have plenty of room to play.
- Fun for the whole family: Everyone from the kids to the grandparents will be able to have a fun time on your houseboat! The kids will love jumping off the side and swimming in the water while the adults hang out and catch up with one another.
- Affordable daily rates: Anyone looking to spend some quality time with the family without breaking the bank should seriously consider renting a houseboat. Compared to other vacation options, houseboat rental is a great deal and a fun experience.
If you’re interested in houseboat rental in Lewiston, CA, be sure to rent from Trinity Alps Marina! We offer the best rates for top-of-the-line houseboats. Additionally, we rent out all sorts of watercraft to suit all interests and lifestyles. Reach out to us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Houseboat Rentals
This post was written by Writer