Boating and social distancing are very compatible. You are outside in the sun and fresh air, which is safer from viruses anyway, but it is also easy to enjoy boat rentals in Lewiston, CA without winding up in a crowd of people. However, you still need to be careful and ensure safe distances. Here are five ways to social distance while boating at a marina in Lewiston, CA:
- Stick to household members: Boating is not gone, but there are some elements that need to be paused this summer. Keep only household members on your personal boat. This is not the summer for rafting up together or beaching boats right next to each other. Do just as you would on land and stay six feet apart. Wave hello to your fellow boaters to maintain the social aspect of boating and feel at least a little bit less disconnected.
- Embrace the staycation: If you have access to a boat with a cabin with a berth, you have the accommodations for the ultimate social distancing staycation. Anchor in a quiet spot away from home and feel like you are 1,000 miles away. You may not be able to take big fancy cruises or vacation without worry, but your boat can provide a break and social distance at the same time with the right accommodations.
- Swim: Nothing demands time for exercise like being locked in your home. Current research indicates that COVID-19 cannot spread between humans in water, which makes a good swim a safe activity. Pools are closed, but there are many natural water bodies that allow swimmers. Just make sure these spots are safe, and remember to supervise your children.
- Respect space: Crowded boat parties are no longer a good idea. At this point, none of these social events should happen outside of your household or immediate family. However, if you have a core group of friends and you feel a need to just get out, break up your gatherings so there is still room on your boat for six feet of distancing. If this is impossible, make it a night party and make it a rule that anyone not swimming must mask up.
- Look into boat rentals: If you don’t own a boat, you don’t have to miss out on the fun. You can still enjoy boating by renting a boat for the day or weekend—we have pontoons and houseboats available for rent. Boat rental is also a good option if you need more space for social distancing or just want to be certain that the boat you enjoy is disinfected. Even if you own a boat, you may not want to go through cleaning and disinfecting yourself, and that also makes renting a boat easier. Sometimes, it is simply time to leave your house and get a change of scenery. A boat rental will help.
Trinity Alps Marina offers boat rentals in Lewiston, CA. Whether you seek a houseboat for an on-the-water camping experience or are interested in a one-day excursion, we have models available at our marina in Lewiston, CA. Visit us today to get started.
Categorised in: Boat Rental
This post was written by Writer